Manage這個字你早就學過了,叫做「管理」,老外更常把manage當成「設法」、「安排」、「儘量做到」,在中文裡甚至連譯都不必譯!
 
In spite of his broken arm, he managed to come into the office for the meeting.
儘快手受傷了,他還是到辦公室開會。 

This is an ideal job for those who can only manage a few hours each week.
這份工作對每週只能做幾小時的人再適合也不過了。
 
It was quite difficult but I managed to get it all done.
雖然很困難,我還是完成了。 

I couldn't manage 2 weeks' holiday this year.
今年沒辦法休兩週的年假。 

How did you manage to get their approval?
你怎麼能夠獲得他們的同意? 

I don't speak much German but I managed to make the taxi driver understand where I wanted to go.
我不會說德文,但還是讓計程車司機知道我想去哪兒。
 
I had such a great deal of work to do, but somehow I managed.
即便工作很多,但我還是儘量完成。 

How on earth did you manage to find it? It's just what I wanted.
你是怎麼找到的?這正是我要的啊!

manage with
1. 用...設法應付過去
We'll manage with what tools we have.
我們將用現有的這些工具來設法應付過去。

manage without
1. 沒有...而仍設法應付過去
Can you manage without his help?
沒有他的幫助你能應付嗎?
創作者介紹

starken

starken 發表在 痞客邦 PIXNET 留言(0) 人氣()