Manage這個字你早就學過了,叫做「管理」,老外更常把manage當成「設法」、「安排」、「儘量做到」,在中文裡甚至連譯都不必譯!
 
In spite of his broken arm, he managed to come into the office for the meeting.
儘快手受傷了,他還是到辦公室開會。 

This is an ideal job for those who can only manage a few hours each week.
這份工作對每週只能做幾小時的人再適合也不過了。
 
It was quite difficult but I managed to get it all done.
雖然很困難,我還是完成了。 

I couldn't manage 2 weeks' holiday this year.
今年沒辦法休兩週的年假。 

How did you manage to get their approval?
你怎麼能夠獲得他們的同意? 

I don't speak much German but I managed to make the taxi driver understand where I wanted to go.
我不會說德文,但還是讓計程車司機知道我想去哪兒。
 
I had such a great deal of work to do, but somehow I managed.
即便工作很多,但我還是儘量完成。 

How on earth did you manage to find it? It's just what I wanted.
你是怎麼找到的?這正是我要的啊!

manage with
1. 用...設法應付過去
We'll manage with what tools we have.
我們將用現有的這些工具來設法應付過去。

manage without
1. 沒有...而仍設法應付過去
Can you manage without his help?
沒有他的幫助你能應付嗎?

starken 發表在 痞客邦 PIXNET 留言(0) 人氣()